After a month-long trip to New Zealand, shooting sunrise to sunset and beyond, Monte Trumbull and I came up with a short list of a few things we’d like to see in the next full version release of Lightroom (in no particular order).
- Point curves
- Point curves!
- Point curves!!
- Info overlays in Survey view
- Info overlays: add white balance temperature and tint values
- During an Import, undo should not affect any operations related to the Import.
- Individual histograms in Survey and Compare
- Mini-histograms on Library thumbnails
- More control over vignetting – Photoshop blend modes?
- Thumbnail size should be source-specific
- Renaming folders – hangs on Windows, especially when the folder is the current source
- When doing Select All > Save Metadata to Files, very often throws an error (1 photo failed) etc. and LR hangs during this time
- After successful Import completes, instead of ending up in Previous Import source, end up in the Folder.
- Stacks made in folders should carry over to Collections
- Allow photos to be a member of multiple stacks
- User settings (nameplate, panel widths, preferences and settings etc.) should not be specific to a catalog; they should be global to the computer user account
- Add a Keyword List to the Import screen
- Add Import Presets (not just reverting whatever setting were in last import)
- Better batch Importing
– Be able to apply different filenames, folders, keywords all at once
– Import Sets/Import Collections etc. to separate sets of images captured on a single card
Get Photography tips, techniques and tutorials FREE to your inbox!
We respect your privacy and will never share your details with anyone.